Saturday, August 4, 2018

I am dying


Yes.
That's true. I am dying.
" We shall have to work like lions, keeping the ideal before us, without caring whether the wise ones praise or blame us."
- Swami Vivekananda

I just don't know which moment will take my breath away. Therefore, I have to do what I want to do. I cannot waste my time anymore. A day spent on the activities inconsistent with my targets is the day wasted. I must make sure that I utilize my time deliberately and wisely. I must not be satisfied and settle with small achievements. I must go for bigger and challenging tasks. I must work on myself to achieve those. I don't have time to blame others. I don't have time to convince people of my capacity and capability. Better I show those instead.


I am a lion who has tasted a hint of blood, 'improvement'. Now I am thirstier. I want more of it. More improvement means I get to learn more and overcome challenges. I believe that's good. Because I am a lion. I don't have words like 'failure' or 'success' which human beings use to excuse themselves from their duties. Those words are only for their use. No other species know of such words. They know only one language, optimum adaptation.
Sometimes while resting, I observe ants. When I put my palm in its path, it goes around it. No matter how many times I put my palm in its way, it will just change its direction but not the destination, provided it's not dead. If the change is rapid and I can't adapt, I am bound to perish. It's a plain common sense. That's what is happening to hundreds of species every year. And one day, my time will come. I will die. So shall the man. But they doesn't seem to use this common sense. I know it's none of my business but it's funny that they come for few hours to watch us jump and roar in pain and then go back to jump day and night for their whole life to make living. We teach our skills tactics for survival, they protect their children for all kinds of discomforts.
But I have noticed one thing in man. Those who know that they have very short time to live, they spend each moment trying to convert their dreams into reality. Others just spend time like they are going to live forever. We, lions, live for 10-15 years in the wild. We would prefer dying early than living in the comforts of captivity for 20-25 years. What's the point of living a life without struggle?
It's time. That's why I live as I want to. Because I am dying.
So shall you someday. Make it count.

" A brave, frank, clean-hearted, courageous and aspiring youth is the only foundation on which future nation can be built."
- Swami Vivekananda



1 comment: